London, Paris & Rome with The International Consortium of Line Dance Instructors11 days
Let us handle the details
Expert Tour Director
Sightseeing with local guides
Personalized flight options
On this guided tour, you’ll walk for about 1 hour daily across mostly flat terrain, including paved roads and cobblestone streets, with few hills or stairs.
Overnight Flight 1 night
Day 1: Travel to London, England
Board your overnight flight to London today.
London 3 nights Hotel info
Day 2: Arrival in London
Included meals: Dinner
Welcome to England! Meet your fellow travelers at tonight’s welcome dinner.
Day 3: Guided tour of London
Included meals: Breakfast
Take a guided tour of the regal landmarks of the English capital with a local expert leading the way.
• Pass the grand Trafalgar Square and Baroque-style St. Paul’s Cathedral, perched atop Ludgate Hill
• See Westminster Abbey, the setting for royal coronations and weddings
• View icons like Big Ben, the London Eye, and the Tower of London
• Stop by Buckingham Palace, where you may catch the Changing of the Guard
Enjoy a free afternoon in London or add an excursion.
Optional Excursion - Windsor Castle $99pp* Details
Led by a Blue Badge Guide, you’ll travel to Windsor for a guided tour of the world’s largest and longest-inhabited castle. Founded by William the Conqueror in 1070, Windsor has been the British Royal Family’s preferred retreat for the past 900 years. Step inside the State Apartments and St. George’s Chapel, where the Knights of the Garter ceremony takes place. View the exhibit of royal treasures on display within the castle. You’ll then have time to stroll through the town of Windsor and have a look at Eton College, a prestigious prep school attended by Princes William and Harry. Please note: Windsor Castle is occasionally closed when in use by the Royal Family; a visit to Henry VIII’s Hampton Court will be substituted when necessary. Additionally, St. George’s Chapel is closed to the public on Sundays.
Must be booked 20 days before departure
Day 4: Free time in London
Included meals: Breakfast
Spend a full free day in London or add excursions.
Optional Excursion - St. Paul's Cathedral & Westminster Abbey $115pp* Details
Compare and contrast two of Britain’s most famous churches, whose rich histories provide an unparalleled look into the country’s past. First, visit St. Paul’s Cathedral, the second-largest church building in the United Kingdom and seat of the Bishop of London. This English Baroque-style cathedral is globally renowned for its magnificent dome and glittering mosaics. Continue on to Westminster Abbey, a Gothic church located near the Houses of Parliament. Since 1066, every royal coronation, with the exception of Edward V and Edward VIII, has taken place at Westminster Abbey. The Abbey also serves as the burial ground for Charles Darwin and Sir Isaac Newton.
Must be booked 20 days before departure
Optional Excursion - London Eye & Pub Dinner $129pp* Details
Glide through London's skyline on the London Eye. As the world’s third-tallest observation wheel, the London Eye lifts its passengers 450 feet above the River Thames on a 30-minute ride in an enclosed gondola. In clear weather, you can see for 25 miles around the city center. Afterward, take a brief tour of London’s West End before venturing to a local pub for dinner.
Must be booked 20 days before departure
Paris 3 nights Hotel info
Day 5: Train trip to Paris
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Board the famed high-speed Eurostar train, and be whisked beneath the English Channel as you journey to Gare du Nord in Paris.
Day 6: Guided tour of Paris
Included meals: Breakfast
A guided tour introduces you to the architecture, scenery and history of the City of Light’s many neighborhoods, called arrondissements.
• Drive down the sycamore-lined Champs-Élysées in view of the Arc de Triomphe
• Pass Pont Neuf and Notre-Dame Cathedral, located on an island in the Seine River
• See the Eiffel Tower, the Palais Garnier opera house and Place de la Concorde, the city’s grandest square
• Marvel at the iconic architecture of the Louvre and Hôtel des Invalides
Enjoy a free afternoon in Paris or add an excursion. (Please note: On some departures, the Versailles Palace & Gardens excursion may be offered on day 7 and the Luxembourg Gardens & Notre-Dame Cathedral may be offered on day 6.)
Optional Excursion - Versailles Palace & Gardens $119pp* Details
The reign of Louis XIV, known as the “Sun King,” set new standards for decadence among the crowned heads of Europe. It took 50 years and 35,000 workers to turn Versailles, once a small hunting lodge, into the most magnificent château in all of France and the envy of royalty worldwide. On this excursion, you will see the palace in all its glory as you tour the State Apartments and the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Then, stroll through the lavish gardens to admire their fine statuary, splendid fountains, and colorful flowerbeds.
Must be booked 45 days before departure
Day 7: Free time in Paris
Included meals: Breakfast
Enjoy a full day to discover Paris on your own or add excursions. (Please note: On some departures, the Luxembourg Gardens & Notre-Dame Cathedral may be offered on day 6 and the Versailles Palace & Gardens excursion may be offered on day 7.)
Optional Excursion - Luxembourg Gardens & Notre-Dame Cathedral $45pp* Details
With its iconic gargoyles and Gothic architecture, Notre-Dame Cathedral is one of Paris’ most recognizable sites. Meet your guide and start your day by exploring this breathtaking cathedral. Then, stroll along the cafe-dotted cobblestone streets of the St. Germaine neighborhood as you head to the beautiful Luxembourg Gardens. Here you’ll discover tree-lined promenades and beautiful flowerbeds while enjoying views of Luxembourg Palace and the Medici Fountain.
Save $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs. (On-tour price: $55)
Optional Excursion - Dinner in Paris & Seine River Cruise $115pp* Details
Take in the nighttime allure of the City of Light on a special evening excursion. The event begins with dinner at a local restaurant. After you dine, board a boat cruise along the Seine. As you coast along the river and under Paris’ bridges, you’ll behold the illuminated monuments of the city glittering alongside the riverbanks. Please note: The dress code may vary depending on the restaurant for your dinner. Your Tour Director will advise you on what to wear, but shorts and sneakers are likely to be considered inappropriate attire.
Save $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs. (On-tour price: $125)
Rome 3 nights Hotel info
Day 8: Flight to Rome
Included meals: Breakfast
Transfer to the airport for a flight to Rome, then take the rest of the day to explore the Eternal City.
Day 9: Free time in Rome
Included meals: Breakfast
Spend a full free day in Rome or add excursions. (Please note: On some departures, the Iconic Sights: Vatican City excursion may take place on day 10 and the Rome sightseeing tour and the Ancient Rome: St. Paul's Basilica & the Catacombs excursion may take place on day 9.)
Optional Excursion - Iconic Sights: Vatican City $105pp* Details
This guided tour takes you inside the world’s smallest state, Vatican City. Upon arrival, you’ll first visit the Vatican Museums, which are over 500 years old and hold many of the world’s most important Classical- and Renaissance-era sculptures. Next, step inside the Sistine Chapel, where you’ll gaze up at what is perhaps Michelangelo’s greatest masterpiece. Finally, pay a visit to the enormous St. Peter’s Basilica, the epicenter of the Roman Catholic faith. The artists who have contributed to its glory are some of the best Italy has ever known, including Bramante, Peruzzi, Raphael, and Michelangelo. Masterpieces await at every turn, from Bernini’s magnificent bronze canopy to Michelangelo’s Pietà. Please note: This excursion is not available on Sundays. Backpacks are not allowed in the Vatican and a dress code of no shorts or sleeveless shirts is enforced.
Must be booked 45 days before departure
Optional Excursion - Rome Cooking Class & Dinner $85pp* Details
Join in on this hands-on cooking class led by an experienced Italian chef. During this evening in Rome, you’ll learn how to make traditional dishes such as ravioli, gnocchi, and fettuccine. Then, enjoy eating the foods you cooked during an included dinner with wine.
Save $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs. (On-tour price: $95)
Day 10: Sightseeing tour of Rome
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
This morning, explore the city on a guided tour, uncovering landmarks that were once at the epicenter of an empire.
• Pass by Trajan’s Column and Piazza Venezia, the city’s central hub
• Stop at the ruins of the ancient Roman Forum, once the setting of parades, elections and trials
• Soak up over 2,000 years of history in Imperial Rome, viewing the Arch of Constantine, the Arch of Titus and the Temple of Venus and Roma
• Enter the Colosseum, the largest amphitheater of the Roman Empire, and take time to explore on your own
Enjoy a free afternoon in Rome or add an excursion. (Please note: On some departures, the Rome sightseeing tour and the Ancient Rome: St. Paul's Basilica & the Catacombs excursion may take place on day 9 and the Iconic Sights: Vatican City excursion may take place on day 10.)
Say goodbye to your group at a farewell dinner this evening.
Optional Excursion - Ancient Rome: St. Paul’s Basilica & the Catacombs $65pp* Details
Descend into Rome’s ancient catacombs, where early Christians buried saints and popes alongside commoners. A local guide will lead you through burial chambers before your visit to St. Paul’s Basilica, one of the four most important basilicas of Rome, originally founded by Constantine the Great. The Basilica also houses the tomb of St. Paul. Please note: Shorts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted within the basilica. Also, this excursion involves extensive walking and may be inadvisable for claustrophobic travelers.
Save $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs. (On-tour price: $75)
Day 11: Departure
Included meals: Breakfast (excluding early morning departures)
Transfer to the airport for your flight home, or extend your stay to visit Madrid.
What travel documents do I need for England, France & Italy?
- This tour visits the United Kingdom, France, and Italy (plus Spain on the tour extension). In order to enter these countries, U.S. and Canadian citizens need a valid passport with an expiration date extending at least six months beyond the date of reentry.
- We recommend having at least one blank passport page for entry stamps.
- There is no visa required for U.S. or Canadian citizens.
- If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you must contact each country’s consulate for your specific entry requirements.
What’s the tour pace?
- You will walk for about 1 hour daily across mostly flat terrain, including paved roads and cobblestone streets, with few hills or stairs.
- Travelers should be healthy enough to participate in all included walks without assistance. Adding optional excursions may increase the total amount of walking on your tour.
- You should feel comfortable managing your own baggage at times, as well as getting in and out of trains.
- If you have any mobility concerns or physical restrictions, please contact our Customer Experience Team.
What do I need to know about transportation for this tour?
- Round-trip flights booked through Go Ahead Tours arrive in London and depart from Rome (or Madrid on the tour extension). When you first arrive in London, a driver from a private chauffeur service will be standing at the arrival gate with your name on a message board. If you do not see your driver, please remain in the arrival lounge, as the driver may be escorting one of your fellow travelers to the shuttle at the time of your arrival. For more details, please reference the London transfer information included in your Go Kit.
- Transfers to and from the airport at your destination are included for travelers who have purchased their flights through Go Ahead Tours. Travelers who purchase their own flights may request airport transfers with Go Ahead Tours for an additional cost.
- A train ride from London to Paris and a flight from Paris to Rome are included in the price of your tour. (The tour extension also includes a flight from Rome to Madrid.)
- All other included transportation on this tour is by private motor coach.
What’s the baggage allowance?
- Airlines have varying weight restrictions on baggage. Some airlines may impose additional charges if you choose to check any baggage; be advised that you are responsible for any such costs.
- Contact your airline for baggage size and weight restrictions for your flight, but please note that our travelers are restricted to one checked bag per person due to storage limitations on motor coaches and other transfers, which may include train connections or flights.
- One carry-on bag of 45 total inches (length + width + height) is also permitted.
- Make sure you label your baggage and keep valuables, medication, and documents in your carry-on bag.
What should I pack for London, Paris & Rome?
- We recommend lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket or rainwear.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- You may want to pack dressier attire if you plan to visit a high-end restaurant or attend a special performance.
- It is preferable not to visit churches or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
Are there health concerns with traveling to England, France & Italy?
- There are no major health risks associated with traveling to any of the countries on this tour.
- At least 60 days prior to departure, check with your doctor or healthcare provider for the latest updates and entry requirements, or visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at cdc.gov.
- If you have medication that you take daily, be sure you have enough for each day of the tour as well as any possible delays encountered.
- If you have dietary restrictions and/or food allergies please notify Go Ahead Tours at least 30 days prior to departure by logging in to your account and updating your traveler info. To update this information closer to your departure date, please call our Customer Experience Team.
What’s the cuisine like in London, Paris & Rome?
- For traditional English fare at a reasonable price, try a pub meal of fish and chips or bangers and mash. Stilton cheese, steak and kidney pie, and Cumberland sausages are also worth a try. Modern-day London boasts an array of diverse international restaurants. Popular options for the adventurous palate include Indian, Thai, Chinese, Indonesian, Greek, and West African cuisine. Sip afternoon tea with delicious finger sandwiches and scones at Harrods for the ultimate in English tradition.
- For a picnic with French flair, stop at a small grocery store for cheeses, patés, cured meats, fresh-baked bread and fruit. In the cities, sidewalk vendors are known for their steaming crepes, while mouthwatering pastries and hot café au lait beckon from cafes. In restaurants, the prix fixe option is a popular way to enjoy a set three- or four-course menu for a good price.
- Roman food is typically freshly prepared and varies depending on the season. Must-try bites include cacio e pepe (a simple dish of pasta, cheese and pepper) and supplí (a fried rice ball similar to Sicily's arancini).
- For more authentic meals, try local trattorias, small restaurants set away from the main piazzas. A typical Italian meal includes wines and the occasional beer, followed by a few sips of after-dinner drinks like grappa or limoncello.
- In Spain (on the extension), breakfast like a local with just a pastry and coffee. Then, tuck into a three-course lunch featuring a Spanish staple like savory seafood paella or grilled meat and fried potatoes. Dinner is less hearty than lunch and is served late, between 9pm and midnight. Snack on small plates called tapas any time of day.
What should I expect for air conditioning & electricity in London, Paris & Rome?
- England operates on 240 volts and uses a Type G plug with three large, flat pins.
- France and Italy (plus Spain on the tour extension) operate on the European standard 220 volts and use Types C, E, or F plugs with two or three small, round pins.
- We recommend packing a universal adapter, as well as a voltage converter if you plan on using your own hairdryer or other electrical device without a built-in converter.
- The strength of the air conditioning in European hotels is often not as strong or as cool as what you might be used to in the U.S. or Canada. When air conditioning is available, it is usually regulated seasonally and controlled centrally by the hotel.
- Some of the hotels on this tour will provide hairdryers, irons, and other small appliances, but these amenities cannot be guaranteed.
What should I expect for Wi-Fi?
- Wi-Fi is available in most hotels, though charges may apply.
- There is no internet access on the motor coach.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
Which time zones are London, Paris & Rome on?
- The United Kingdom is on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), which is five hours ahead of Eastern Time (ET).
- France and Italy (plus Spain on the tour extension) are one hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and six hours ahead of ET.
- When it’s noon in New York, it’s 5pm in London and 6pm in Paris and Rome.
What’s the currency for England, France & Italy?
- You will use the Pound sterling in the United Kingdom and the euro in France and Italy (plus Spain on the tour extension).
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, but you may choose to order some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- Inform your bank and credit card company of your travel plans so that they won’t confuse your international purchases for fraudulent charges.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
Who should I tip on this tour?
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your Tour Director and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $7USD to $10USD per person per day for your Tour Director and the equivalent of $3USD per person per day for your driver.
- If applicable, we also recommend the equivalent of $2USD per local guide.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
Can I purchase excursions on tour?
- Most optional excursions will be available for purchase while you are on tour.
- Your Tour Director will only accept cash (in USD only), Visa, or MasterCard as payment for excursions.
- Please be advised that if you pay for an excursion by credit card while on tour, it may take up to three months for your card to be charged.
- Some optional excursions may only be purchased in advance. See page four of your tour itinerary for more information.
International travel is, by its very nature, unpredictable. We must therefore reserve the right to change this itinerary, without advance notice, to meet with local conditions at the time of travel. We appreciate your understanding. Please refer to our website for Terms & Conditions, dates, and prices.
See what our travelers say about this tour—all reviews are authentic and unedited.
Have you been on tour with us? Visit My Account to submit a review.
An amazing adventure!
My wife and I booked the London, Paris and Rome tour for our anniversary and we had an amazing time. The admin. staff was very helpful in answering any questions we had, getting us set up and assisting us with our plans, especially considering we decided to book our own flights. Our tour director, Brian (he’ll get the joke) was fantastic and extremely helpful in every fathomable way. In Paris and Rome, most of their foods are smothered in dairy products, and I’m lactose, so he went out of his way to make sure that I didn’t eat the wrong thing and implode at our dinners. By the way, breakfast is free every day. Take advantage of it! In London, we stayed at the H10 Waterloo, which was a great hotel with friendly, helpful staff. The room was a bit small, but very nice. Our tour guide, Joel was spectacular and kept us all completely engaged. In Paris, we stayed at the Mercure hotel, which was just okay; the A/C barely worked in the room, the bed was hard and the room didn’t come with a bar of soap. We had to buy one from a local Pharmacy. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, though when we inquired about getting around the city. In Rome, we stayed at the Hilton, which was another really good Hotel with great, helpful staff. All the hotels we stayed at were in a nice, centralized location and within walking distance of quite a few of the major attractions. Regarding the excursions, Windsor Castle and Vatican City are must-do’s. Additionally, the Seine River Cruise was amazing and something I got checked off my bucket list. Versailles Palace & Gardens was nice, but I wish we had more time to explore the massive grounds. While the tour was great, the descriptions can be a bit misleading; you will not stop at all of the major attractions that are on the itinerary. Some of them you will do a "drive-by" on the tour bus (like the Louvre in Paris and Big Ben in London), which won’t stop to take photos, which is a big thing with me. For the Eiffel Tower in Paris, we stopped for about 15 minutes to take photos, which wasn’t nearly enough time for such a world-renowned landmark. Also, we stopped for about 10 minutes to gaze at the London Bridge in the somewhat foggy distance. I would strongly recommend leaving an entire free day open to use each city’s “Hop on/Hop off” tour busses, which will stop at ALL of the major attractions and landmarks. That way, you will have ample time for any photo-ops or local shopping and not feel rushed or pressured to get back onto the bus. Overall, I would highly recommend GoAhead, especially if this is your first time travelling abroad. They will handle most of the mind-numbing details for you, especially when it comes to the excursions. For example, it takes forever to get inside Windsor Castle and Vatican City, so by going with the group, it saved endless hours of waiting in lines and you have a tour guide to walk you through them and provide brief historical factoids. Speaking of Vatican City, we were told that we couldn’t bring backpacks, but once we got inside, EVERYONE had backpacks and they were allowed, apparently. Had I known, I wouldn’t have had to carry all of my cameras around with me. Still, that didn’t detract from the amazing time we had to celebrate our anniversary and the good folks at GoAhead helped make that possible.
Happy Anniversary to you and your wife! We are so happy that you decided to join us to celebrate and that you had an amazing time. Thank you for your kind words about your Tour Director and the Go Ahead staff. We understand the hotel accommodations are very important to our travelers and we are grateful for your feedback. Our operations team is always glad to hear the thoughts of our travelers as it allows them to make the best decisions possible when booking future tours. We are very happy to hear that the locations of your hotels allowed you to explore during your free time! We are glad that you chose to participate in so many optional excursions with us! we agree that the Vatican and Windsor Castle are not to be missed. It is certainly helpful to bypass most of the lines with your guides to fit in more sightseeing and less waiting. We are also happy that we were able to knock an item off your bucket list with the Seine River Cruise. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on these excursions as well as the sightseeing bus trips that were included in your tour. We appreciate your feedback regarding these trips and we thank you for sharing your thoughts with others who may be considering traveling on this itinerary in the future. We were happy to take care of the details as you planned your Anniversary celebration. Thank you for choosing to travel with us, we hope to see you again when you plan your next adventure!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | April 26, 2017
Trip of a lifetime!!
I don't even know where to begin... I was nervous about being a solo traveler, but there were 4 other ladies that were solo travelers in my group. I made a lot of fast friends and was never "alone" during my journey. I loved every aspect of the tour. We seriously had the BEST tour director ever, Steel! He made the experience that much more enjoyable for everyone! The travel in between countries went very smoothly... The rooms were extremely nice in every hotel... The food was out of this world! Our TD made certain we got to see everything we wanted to and helped navigate us through each city. The tour guides were all very nice and very knowledgeable about everything we saw. London, Paris, Rome and Barcelona were all absolutely stunning and I would love to go back again. I want to book my next trip ASAP, it was that great! I would highly recommend this trip to all! This was most certainly the trip of a lifetime!
Hi Jennifer! We're so excited that you had such a great time on tour with us. Many of our solo travelers felt the way that you did before your trip, but most find that, like you, they are able to make quick connections and feel supported throughout their journey. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback regarding your Tour Director and will be sure to pass it along. We also appreciate your kind words about the travel logistics and accommodations on your tour. Our goal is to take care of the details so that you can experience your destination to the fullest. We would love to have you on tour again. Please give us a call when you begin to plan your next adventure!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | April 05, 2017
It was a wonderful trip for our 53rd wedding anniversary. We enjoyed all aspects. Especially the tour director, Paschal Wilson who was outstanding and made it more enjoyable. We will be taking another tour one of these days. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for your kind words, Joe! We are honored to have spent such a special occasion with you and your wife abroad. You both look very happy cheering in your photo - just what we love to see! Go Ahead is looking forward to another trip with you again soon.
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | May 01, 2017
I loved this trip, will do another one as soon as we can.
Hi Araceli! Thank you for your review! We’re so glad you loved this trip. We can’t wait to see where you’ll go next!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | February 21, 2017
everything was perfect all tour guides very informative the brit was outstanding valentina the perfect tour guide met wonderful people
Hi Kathleen! We're so glad everything went off without a hitch! Thank you for letting us know. We hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | March 20, 2017
We had a fantabulous time! Our tour direct has gone beyond the call of duty more than once. We didn't have to worry about any details. Every thing was taken care of. We believe we got our money's worth.
Hi Cherry! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in an online review. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed having the details taken care of for you. Our goal is for you to be able to relax and focus on discovering your new destinations! We hope to welcome you on tour again.
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | December 05, 2016
AWESOME TRIP LONDON.PARIS.ROME 2016!
Where to start- first off to give a little bit of background- I am in my 20's and this was my first big international trip that was not with family. Just myself and my fellow gf. We obviously did a little bit of research but not to the extent where we could go about traveling 100% comfortably on our own. From the availability of the go ahead staff who would answer my ridiculous menial questions to the very best tour guide Pascal Wilson who made this trip A-M-A-Z-I-N-G (Pascal* you the man!), I don't think I would have had this trip any other way. I loved, LOVED Paris- definitely would recommend doing the Versailles excursion. I would also say do your own homework and prepare in advance for the trip (i.e. what activities you would like to do, eat...etc) I would definitely take another trip with GoAhead! Happy travels!
Hello! We’re thrilled to learn that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your time in London, Paris, & Rome! We appreciate your kind words regarding our Customer Service Staff, as well as your Tour Director (we think he’s amazing, too!). Our Go Ahead team is happy to serve you every step of the way! We can understand why Paris stands out as the highlight for you, and we’re glad you recommend the Versailles optional. Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to welcome you and your girlfriend on tour again soon! Happy travels to you both!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | November 21, 2016
My husband and I were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. This trip was more than we could wish for. What could be nicer than to be in Paris on the day you were married 50 years before. the tour director was helpful and along with the complements of GoAhead tour had a bottle of champagne in our room after our evening in Paris.The group we were sharing this trip with were diverse and fun all ages and backgrounds. and best of all we just had to relax and take in all that London Paris and Rome had to offer. We enjoyed every moment of it and hope to see other places with Go Ahead in the future
Hi Helene! First of all, happy anniversary to you both! We’re so glad this tour exceeded your hopes and expectations – and what a fantastic way to celebrate 50 years! We’re delighted that you found your Tour Director helpful and thoughtful. It’s also wonderful to know that your group could relax and soak up the new surroundings. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | November 22, 2016
This tour was fantastic and well worth the money and time! My traveling companion and I flew into London a few days earlier than everyone else and stayed an extra day in Rome. GoAhead took care of everything for us, including the flights, extra hotel days, breakfast everyday, and the travel insurance. It was a one stop shop which was perfect. The hotel in all 3 cities was perfectly located and all were fairly nice. We also liked that GoAhead let us add on most of the excursions while on the trip itself. We only added the Versailles excursion to begin with, but ended up adding the Vatican and the Seine river cruise during the trip! The only criticism I have is that the food we ate with the group dinners was not the best. The food in Rome was very good, but London and Paris definitely could have been better. However, you do get some excellent wine with the meals. I will definitely be using GoAhead in the future!
Hi Diana! We’re delighted that you and your travel companion enjoyed your time in London, Paris, & Rome. We love to take care of the details so that you can focus on getting to know your new destinations. We’re glad you enjoyed our optional offerings and itinerary structure, as our goal is for travelers to be able to customize their experience. We regret that some of the included meals didn’t meet your expectations, and we appreciate you letting us know. We will be sure to share your comments with our Operations team for further evaluation. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | November 21, 2016
Our London, Paris Rome Tour
We had a great time! Never being in Europe before this was the best way to see the major cities. We got to spend a few days in each place which allowed us to get in some great sightseeing. The itinerary was not too confining as to allow us to do enough on our own which we liked. Hotels we good with exception of the breakfast in Paris...could have been done better or on par with what was done in London and Rome. Our tour director Lyn Davies was EXCELLENT!!!
Hello! We're pleased to learn that you enjoyed your first trip to Europe! It's great to know that you feel you had enough time to explore on your own, which is something we strive to built into all of our itineraries. We appreciate your feedback on your hotels, and we will be sure to share your thoughts on the breakfast in Paris with our Operations team. Thank you for your wonderful review, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | November 02, 2016
JR's European Adventure
My trip to Europe was everything I expected and more. The Tour Director, Steel Wallis was great. He was on hand for everything, gave great info and suggestions, and he was lots of fun. Enjoyed Steel's night out - the best night out. I immersed myself in the culture by experiencing the countries' cuisine, shopping, transportation, architecture, and its people. I felt like a queen in London, Paris was my absolute favorite where I danced in the streets. Did not want to leave Paris. Rome was great also. My least favorite thing about the trip was the hotel in Rome and the inconsistency with luggage at Paris airport. But they were slight diversions. I met some great people in our travel group. Go Ahead, I will Go ahead and book future trips!
Hi Joyce! We’re so glad this trip exceeded your expectations. It sounds like your Tour Director had a lot to do with that, and we’ll be sure to share your kind feedback with him. It makes us smile to learn that you felt like a queen in London and that you danced in the streets of Paris. We are so happy you were able to have these experiences! Regarding the hotel in Rome, we regret that it didn’t quite meet your expectations and we will be sure to share that with our Operations team. In terms of luggage guidelines and policies, Go Ahead does not determine these – the airlines do, and the airlines are regularly changing their terms. As a company of avid travelers, we understand how frustrating certain aspects of flying can be. Again, we’re so glad you had a wonderful adventure, and we can’t wait to welcome you on your next tour!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | October 14, 2016
A Wonderful Time!
I am a solo female traveler and this was my first tour. And I am so thankful I chose to go with Go Ahead. Every detail of my trip was taken care of and I had no problems what so ever. The 3 hotel rooms we stayed in were top notch as was the service we received. The tours that were included and the optional tours I took were the best. I met 30 wonderful people, from young newlyweds to a few older than me and we all got along great. We all looked out for each other. Our tour director, Lyn Davies was the best. I don't know how anyone could be better than she was the entire 11 days of tour. I will ask for her again on my next tour. Yes, I will do this again. Thank you Go Ahead and Lyn!!
Hi Joy! First of all, we want to thank you for choosing Go Ahead. We are inspired by our travel community because of fantastic travelers like you. We’re so glad your tour went off without a hitch and that you enjoyed the itinerary, your group, your accommodations, and your Tour Director. We will be sure to share this feedback with our team. Thank you for your review, and let us know when you want to do it again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | September 28, 2016
Our trip to Europe was wonderful! We had perfect weather, stayed in lovely hotels, had great tours with fabulous tour guides in each city, and had the best tour director ever! Having never taken a tour I was a bit worried that it may not be well organized or the group may be too big or disconnected but it turned out I had nothing to worry about. From the minute we landed to every transition thereafter we were well informed and every detail taken care of by our wonderful tour director. Our tour director, Pascal, was always available, always upbeat and friendly, and extremely thorough with details and planning. We had so much fun with the friends we traveled with in addition to the new friends we met on our tour. Our time in Italy was a personal highlight for me and my husband. The food was phenomenal at the first restaurant and the evening a blast with local talent. This will be a trip never to be forgotten. Thank you Pascal and Go Ahead Tours!
Hi Michelle! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We’re delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time! We’re very happy that every aspect of the tour felt organized and carefully planned, and we will be sure to share this with our hard-working Operations team. Of course, it isn’t a trip to Italy without delicious food, and we’re glad you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed tasting the local cuisine during your time in Rome. We appreciate your feedback on your Tour Director, and we will be sure to share it with him. Thank you again for reviewing your tour, and we hope to welcome you and your husband on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | October 05, 2016
Outstanding Tour Director - Pascal Wilson you ROCK
We had a trip of a lifetime with my husband celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. The tour was so amazing. From the time we were picked up at the Heathrow Airport in London to our flight home from Rome, the trip was well organized and hassle free. Our tour director, Pascal is the BEST! He was very knowledgeable and knew each city in and out. He was always there when we needed direction, assistance of any type and suggestions. He brought our group together and by the end we felt like we are all one big happy family. We look forward to our next tour with Go Ahead Tours. Thank you.
Hi Susana! Happy belated anniversary! We're glad you and your husband enjoyed celebrating in London, Paris, and Rome. Our goal is for you to relax and not worry about the logistics, and we're pleased to learn you were able to do that. We appreciate your wonderful feedback on your Tour Director, and we will be sure to share it with him. Thank you for your review, and let us know when you're ready to travel again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | October 04, 2016
Worth. Every. Single. Penny. I was very apprehensive about doing a tour. I was encouraged to use a tour by my father since it was my first official trip to Western Europe. My husband and I were a little nervous because we didn't want to be bothered with time restrictions and always having to be with a group. Now, we can't imagine going without a tour. First of all, I wish I could give Pascal 10 stars. He was wonderful! He kept us on track but it was like spending time with an old friend. Perfect mix of professionalism and friendliness. Second, we got to skip all the lines at some of the biggest tourist spots. Third, if you want to go off on your own and see some of the map places then your tour director (if you're lucky to have one as awesome as mine) can help you. Finally, the tour guides at each city was wonderful and knowledgeable. This was a trip of a lifetime and Goahead made it a reality. Thank you!
Hi Sandra! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your first group travel experience. Although we're a little biased, we love it, too! We are happy to learn that your Tour Director felt like an old friend and that his organization skills made for a smooth, worry-free journey. We're pleased that this was a trip of a lifetime for you, and we hope to welcome you on another trip of a lifetime in the future!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | September 14, 2016
It was good. Rob was a star. Needed a guided tour in Windsor castle.
11 Day Tour
Please note: Tour was not for 1 days(see mistake under London, Paris, Rome heading at top of page). Tour was (eleven days) from August 15, 2016 -August 25, 2016. Tour was very good, comprehensive, and convenient. Level of activity was very high. I advise traveler to be in optimum health and physically fit.
Hi June! You’re right that this is an ambitious itinerary, as it strives to maximize time in each location. Thank you for your review, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | August 31, 2016
A trip of a lifetime
From day one we felt like everything was in good hands. The cities were amazing! I could not have expected more. We were able to see all the must see places in each city. Well planned by the tour. Free time was also great with advice given by the tour director. (David) I cannot express how much fun my wife and I had. It was unforgettable! We will be using go ahead again for any other trip we find time for.
A Geat Trip
This was an excellent experience with Goahead. Monique was our tour guide. She was the best along with the local guides. Everyone was very knowledgeable. I travel by myself and had a wonderful time. I always felt safe and secure. I met plenty of wonderful and interesting people, all in all, I had a lovely unforgettable trip. Although my flight was two hours late when I arrived in London, Goahead had a cab driver waiting for me. Thank you for a great trip that I will never forget.
Hi Yolanda! We're so glad you had an excellent experience in London, Paris, and Rome. We appreciate all of your feedback, especially that you felt safe and secure. Safety is our top priority. We're also happy to hear you enjoyed your group. Thank you for traveling with Go Ahead, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | October 11, 2016
Great tour, Great tour director!
I hadn't been back to Europe since I was a teenager, and now that I'm in my mid thirties I wanted to go back and relive that awe. I wasn't disappointing. This tour offers something for everyone. Great optional excursions and plenty of free time to experience each city at your own pace. Our tour director was phenomenal, she knew each city in and out and was the best resource we had on this trip. She brought our group together and by the end it felt like we were all family. I look forward to my next tour with GoAhead (which i'm planning right now)! Thank you to GoAhead and thank you to Ali!
Hi Billyjack! We’re thrilled that this tour lived up to your expectations! We appreciate your feedback on the itinerary, and we’re very glad you feel it provides plenty of free time in each location. We’re also pleased to learn that your Tour Director made a positive impact on your tour, including making your group feel more like a family . Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next tour!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | August 16, 2016